Did you complete a graduation course in Australia recently and wish to stay longer in Australia for the purpose of further studies or having work experience in Australia? The graduate visa 485 is one of the very fine ways to get your dream turned to reality. Living, working or studying in Australia is no more difficult or an impossible thing to do.
The temporary graduate visa subclass 485 is a temporary visa type that will allow an individual to stay, work or even study in Australia soon after they have completed their graduation in Australia under a CRICOS registered institution. The graduate visa 485 is further divided into two streams. These two streams are named to be Graduate Work Stream and Post-Study Work Stream. Both streams are applied in different situations. The Graduate Work stream allows a total stay of a maximum of 18 months, whereas with a Post-study work stream a stay of about 2 to 4 years is granted in Australia.
Let’s see, what distinct features these two streams have for the applicants and what are the requirements these streams ask from the applicants…
Read Also: Get Details About The 485 Visa Processing Time and Its Requirements
Temporary Graduate Visa 485 Work Visa Stream
The visa subclass 485 graduate workstream is a temporary visa for the international students who have recently completed their graduation from a CRICOS registered institution in a skill or qualification that is related to a particular occupation required in Australia. With the temporary graduate visa 485 stream, an applicant will be allowed to live, work, or study in Australia for a maximum of 18 months.
The Basic eligibility criteria for graduate workstream are:
- The applicant must necessarily be less than 50 years of age while applying for the subclass 485 visa graduate work stream.
- The applicant is required to either be a current holder of a student visa Adelaide or have held one in the past 6 months.
- The applicant must have completed a graduate course or equivalent or higher in the last 6 months in Australia from a CRICOS registered institute in English medium that lasted at least 2 years.
- The applicant must possess the qualifications and skills that are required in the Australian work industry.
- The applicant must either be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States of America having a valid passport or must have evidence of having proficiency in the English language as required by this visa subclass.
- The applicant must have an adequate health insurance plan while his stay period in Australia.
Also Read: Read About the Frequently Asked Questions of Graduate Visa 485
Subclass 485 Visa Post-Study Work Stream
The post-study work stream is for those international students who have graduated with a degree recently from an Australian institution. The individual will be allowed to study further or work in Australia with this visa for a temporary basis. The minimum stay this stream allows an individual is 2 years while the maximum being 4 years. The length of stay will generally depend on the individual’s qualification.
The basic eligibility criteria for a post-work stream visa are:
- The individual applying must be less than 50 years of age.
- The applicant must have been a holder of a first student visa on or after 5 November 2011 or a current holder of a student visa Australia.
- The applicant must have achieved the Australian study requirement where he or she is needed to complete an Australian qualification from a CRICOS registered institution in English medium and the course did not last any less than 2 academic years.
- The applicant must be either a citizen of the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, or the United States of America having a valid passport, or must have proficiency in the English language as specified in the visa subclass 485 requirements.
- The applicant must have an adequate health insurance plan that covers the overall period of the length of stay in Australia appropriately.
With a Post-study work stream an applicant can have following privileges in Australia:
- A post-study workstream will allow the individual to wor or study further in Australia.
- With this visa, an individual will be able to stay in Australia from 2 to 4 years depending on the degree of qualification of the applicant.
- This visa will also enable the individual traveling or outside Australia while the visa remains valid.
- The applicant is even allowed to add members of the family unit in the visa application.
You Might Like: Know Why Your Graduate Visa 485 Processing Gets Delayed
For both the streams, all the applicants are also required to achieve the following for a successful visa approval:
- The health requirements must compulsorily be satisfied by the applicant according to the Australian framework and policies.
- The applicant must successfully satisfy the character requirements along with all the family members in accordance with the Australian visa requirements.
- The Australian value statement is compulsory for all applicants to sign whereby they make a declaration that they will respect and obey all the Australian law and order and also respect the Australian way of life.
- The applicant must not have faced a refusal or cancelation for any previous visa or visa application.
- The applicant must not have any amount registered as a debt from the Australian Government.
These are the basic information of the two streams of the subclass 485 visa Australia. If you find yourself eligible for the Temporary Graduate visa and find an interest in applying for the same, get in touch with an expert Immigration Agent Adelaide who will prove to be the best guide for you regarding your visa application and approval.