If you are an international student in Australia, who recently completed the graduation (A course of minimum two years) from here and wish to stay back for further studies, it is so possible for you by getting a Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 grant. This visa 485 enables the recent graduates to live in Australia for minimum 18 month to maximum four years depending on their eligibility and qualifications. This visa helps to improve the possibilities of the international students to become permanent resident of Australia through skilled pathway by gaining work experience.
The 485 Visa Australia has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream—for eligible overseas students who graduate with relevant skills and qualifications according to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- Post-Study Work stream—for eligible overseas students who graduate with a bachelor, masters or doctoral degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study
Who can apply for Visa Subclass 485?
An individual can apply for the Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa if the mentioned below is applicable to them:
- Is less than 50 years of age
- Possess an eligible visa
- Have recently completed education from a CRICOS-registered Australian institute
- Qualification must be relevant to a job on the list that is considered as skilled occupation or Graduate Work stream, or, must have obtained the Post-Study Work stream
What does 485 visa Australia allow you to do?
The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 offers all the benefits of Australian student for you and further enhances your chance of getting permanent residence status:
- Study and live in Australia for up to four years depending on circumstances
- Study further in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia any number of times till visa is valid
- One can stay in the country for a specific period of time on this visa:
- For 18 months for the graduate work stream and;
- For the Post-Study Work stream, one can stay for 2 to 4 years more if she/he has the visa.
How do you qualify for Subclass 485 Visa?
The Subclass 485 Visa has some general eligibility criteria for all applicants, and to obtain the visa they must fulfill them:
- Must have completed at least 2 years of education in Australia
- Must fulfill character and health requirements
- Must enroll in Australian Health Insurance policy
- Any family member included in the application must also fulfill the health and character requirements
Share this information with your friends:
General FAQ’s For Temporary Graduate 485 Visa:
How much will be the cost of Student Visa 485?
The estimate cost of this visa is around AUD1,535.
How long does Visa 485 takes to come through?
- For the Graduate Work stream, application process takes 4-5 months.
- For the Post-Study Work stream, application process takes 85 days to 4 months days
Do I need to find an employer to sponsor me for Subclass 485 Visa?
Employer sponsorship is not required to obtain this visa. However, you are responsible for securing your own employment if you wish to work while in Australia on this visa.
Do I need Skill assessment for this Australian 485 visa?
In case you apply for the graduate work stream you have to get a positive skill assessment. There are Australian 485 Visa skill assessments for IT professionals, teachers, engineers, nurses and tradesmen. We work along with you to ensure that you meet the requirements.
What is English language requirement for Subclass 485 Visa?
The temporary graduate or the Subclass 485 Visa applicants need to sit for an English IELTS or equivalent test. In case you do an IELTS test, you can score an average of 6.0 with 5.0 in each band for Student Visa.