Point-tested skilled migrants who are not sponsored by the employer, a state or territory agency or a relative in Australia can apply for Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa. This is a permanent resident visa which allows the holders to live and work in Australia indefinitely. It is mandatory to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select in order to apply for this visa. EOI can be submitted both onshore and offshore.
New Zealand citizens interested in this visa must apply under New Zealand VisaStream.
Who can apply for the 189 Visa Australia?
An individual can apply for the 189 Visa Australia if the mentioned below is applicable to them:
- Is proficient in English Language
- Is less than 45 years of age at the time of application
- possess eligible skilled occupation
- Have secures minimum 60 pass marks in the Skilled Migration Points Test
- Must be invited to apply for the skilled visa in Australia
For further information, help, and advice about this visa 189 contact us
Who can apply for the 189 Skilled Visa?
The 189 Skilled Visa offers all the benefits of Australian permanent residence for you and your family:
- Work and live in Australia indefinitely
- Opportunity to study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s healthcare services
- Opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
- Travel in and out of Australia as you please
How do you qualify for Skilled Migration 189 Visa?
The Skilled Migration 189 has some general eligibility criteria for all applicants, and to obtain the visa they must fulfill them:
- They must be nominated and invited by the state or territory government to apply for the skilled visa in Australia.
- Must meet eligible skilled occupation and other requirements to qualify for work in Australia.
- Must be able to satisfy the health and character requirements.
- If you have had visa cancellation during your visit to Australia, you are not eligible to apply for Independent Visa Subclass 189.
Share this information with your friends:
General FAQ’s of Skilled Independent 189 Visa:
How much will be the cost of this visa?
The application cost of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 is AUD 3,755.
How long does this visa takes to come through?
All the 189 Visa applications are processed within 8 to 10 months.
How long will I be able to stay in Australia with this visa?
The Skilled 189 visa lasts forever starting from the date it is granted.
What is an Expression of Interest?
An expression of Interest (EOI) provides information about why applicants need this visa to rank them against other aspiring candidates. You can submit EOI free of cost from anywhere. Once submitted, EOIs are valid for two years.
How do I apply for a Skilled Independent Visa 189?
- Check your eligibility for skilled occupation if you have 60 points.
- Enter relevant information such as qualification, skills and proposed occupation in the EOI form.
- Hold-up till you get invitation for the visa (if you rank high).
- Collect all the documents.
- You must apply for the visa within 60 days after you have been invited.
- The visa will be processed soon.
Do I have to be onshore to apply for this visa?
You can apply for the Skilled Independent Visa from in or outsideof Australia.
How long will I have to wait for the invitation to apply for this visa?
The invitation for visa application can be received within time interval of two years after the submission of EOI. It is mandatory to apply for the visa within 60 days.
What should I do if I don’t receive an invitation?
If two years elapse after you have submitted your EOI, you will be notified of the expiration of your EOI. You can submit a fresh EOI if you are still seeking the visa.