Are you planning to live and work in Australia permanently? If yes, then the visa subclass 189 must be your choice. This allows skilled workers to stay and work in Australia permanently who have been nominated by a state or territory or that of a family member, unlike an employer. Besides, this particular visa is comprised of two different streams. The first one is the Point Tested Stream as well as the New Zealand Stream. The below-given write-up will give you a clearer idea about this 189 skilled visa and how you can apply effectively for it.
If you want to apply for the visa 189 in a hassle-free manner, then you need to meet the below-given criteria:
- You must meet the concerned health requirements
- You also have to meet concerned character requirements
- You must possess a sound understanding of English
- You must be between 18 to 44 years of age
- You must meet the points-based test by securing a score of at least 65 points and no less than that
- You should lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) to get invited to apply for this visa
- You should have qualified in the skills assessment test conducted by a SkillSelect. This will help you to prove that you are possessing all the necessary skills and qualifications to manage the particular work for which you have been assigned
- You must be chosen for an occupation that comes under the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List etc.
Since this particular visa is basically points-based, so, you need to make sure that you have secured the desired score for it which is equal to 65 points. If you are unable to reach the required number of points, then, you won’t be able to apply for this visa.
Also Read: 4 Things You Must Keep In Mind If Your Australian Visa Gets Rejected
Types of Visas
As already told above, the visa subclass 189 is divided into individual categories, the ‘Points-tested stream’ as well as the ‘New Zealand stream’. Detailed information about each of them can be considered as follows:
- Points tested stream: The points tested stream of the visa 189 allows skilled workers to stay and work permanently anywhere in Australia. 75% of its applications are processed in 11 months whereas 90% of its applications are processed in 13 months. With this visa stream you can not only get permission to study anywhere in Australia but, at the same time can also sponsor eligible relatives for them to apply for a permanent residence in Australia. If you are eligible, you can also become a permanent Australian resident with this particular visa stream.
- New Zealand Stream: This particular visa stream is meant for all the citizens of New Zealand who have made a significant contribution to Australia. It lets them stay and work in Australia permanently. If you want to become eligible for this particular visa stream, then you must also hold a New Zealand Special Category (subclass 444) visa. Besides, you must have lived in Australia at least for 5 years and not less than that with effect from 19th February 2016. Just like the points tested stream, this particular visa stream also allows you to stay and work anywhere in Australia and also allows you to sponsor any of your family members to apply for a permanent residence in Australia.
What Is The Cost Of Visa 189?
When it comes to the cost of the 189 skilled visa , the two of its visa streams cost the following amounts:
- Points-Tested Stream: The points tested stream of the visa 189 costs AUD4, 045.
- New Zealand Stream: Just like the points tested stream of the visa 189, its New Zealand stream also costs AUD4, 045 and not more than that.
However, these amounts have to be paid to your concerned immigration department in two separate instalments. The first 20% has to be paid while applying for your visa whereas the remaining 80% has to be paid after your visa has been approved.
The occupation for which you have been sponsored by an employer must comprise the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List. This will help you to prove that you possess all the necessary skills and competencies to manage the work effectively for which you have been chosen in Australia.
What This Visa Lets You Do?
Since this a permanent residence visa, it lets you do the following things:
- It allows you to apply for Australian citizenship only if you are eligible for the same
- It allows you to travel from and to Australia as many times as you want within the first 5 years of your stay
- It allows you to sponsor any of your relatives staying in Australia to apply for a permanent residence
- It also allows you to apply for Medicare, a prominent health insurance policy of Australia
- It allows you to work and study in Australia
- It allows you to stay in Australia permanently
You Might Like: How You Can Get Sponsorship From Australian Employers With 186 Visa
Can You Bring Your Family Members?
Yes, you can bring some of your family members along with you, but not everybody. You can either bring your spouse or any of his/her child or step-child as well. Remember, the family members who are accompanying you will be entitled to the same rights and facilities just the way you are. Besides, you and your family members also need to abide by the various rules and regulations while staying with the visa subclass 189 in Australia.
Why Choose The Best Migration Agent Adelaide?
So, if you are also planning to apply for the visa 189, then a competent Migration Agent Adelaide can help you in this regard. Your concerned migration agent has all the necessary skills to guide you in a step by step manner to ensure a smooth and hassle-free 189 visa Australia application for you. Their knowledge in dealing with a wide range of visas is what has made them so efficient is assisting you with the application of any type of visa. So, get in touch with a skilled migration in Adelaide today and make your dream come true to reside in Australia permanently.