The Skilled Independent Visa 189 is an Australian visa program that allows international skilled workers to stay permanently in Australia. This visa has two streams – the Points Tested stream and the New Zealand stream.
The Points Tested stream is for skilled workers who are from eligible countries. On the other hand, the New Zealand stream is granted to New Zealand citizens who have lived and worked in Australia for at least 5 years and made significant contributions.
One thing to note is that for the 189 Visa Australia, you should receive an invitation to apply. This blog discusses all the essential factors you must know to make an application for this visa.
Read Our Latest Blog – Get Familiar With The Top 7 Rejection Reasons Of Student Visa 500 Application
An Australian skilled visa can open your path to becoming a permanent resident, and after becoming one, you can enjoy plenty of benefits. However, you must remember a permanent resident and a citizen are not the same, and certain rights are not granted to the PRs. Apart from that, you can enjoy other privileges like the citizens, which we have discussed here.
In addition, you can also be eligible for other government services and benefits. However, if you do not reside in Australia while being a PR, your eligibility may be affected. That is why it is essential to contact the relevant government authorities to confirm your obligations and rights.
Getting an invitation is one of the major requirements of applying for the 189 Skilled Visa. But while applying for this visa, you have to keep in mind other factors too. Go through the following points to have a clear idea about the whole procedure.
189 Skilled Visa is a permanent Australian visa that you can apply for only after getting an invitation. This visa is available for only skilled workers who an employer or a state government does not sponsor. After obtaining this visa, you can do the following things.
You Might Like – Know The Eligibility Criteria For Australian Permanent Residency
When you decide to apply for the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 for Australia, you must first figure out which stream you will be applying for. We had mentioned earlier that there are two streams under this visa, and each stream has different eligibility criteria, which you must meet.
For the Points Tested Stream, you have to satisfy the following eligibility requirements.
If you are an eligible citizen from New Zealand, you can apply for the New Zealand stream without taking a point-testing. The eligibility requirements for this stream slightly differ from that of the Points-Tested Stream.
If you want your visa to get processed smoothly, you have to make a complete Visa Subclass 189 application, and that will not be possible unless you submit all the relevant documents. Here we give a detailed checklist that you have to attach with your application.
For a successful 189 Visa application to Australia, you should note that all these documents should be in English. Even if they are in any other language, translations should be attached. You should also keep in mind that these documents should be certified copies of the original ones.
The 189 Visa processing time is different for the two streams, and it depends largely on the number of applications submitted at a specific time.
The application fee for the two streams is the same. You have to pay AUD4115, but for the New Zealand Stream, you have to pay 20% of the fee when submitting the application and the rest 80% before the visa decision is made.
How Can We Assist You?
Immigration Agent Adelaide is a leading consultancy firm that provides top-quality and reliable migration services in Adelaide. The Australian immigration process involves so many proceedings, and thus having a professional migration agent from Adelaide for guidance can be of great help. You can get in touch with them for targeted and professional guidance.